Silent Voices Project invites women-identifying and non-binary musicians from around the world to submit original chamber woodwind compositions for the Spring 2023 Silent Voices Festival in Bemidji, MN!
Winners will receive a monetary prize, housing at the festival (travel not included), an opportunity to coach performers on your piece, and a professional recording of the performance!
- Composers are invited to submit up to three scores for consideration that
- are written within the last 5 years
- are 8–12 minutes in length
- include no more than 6 performers (2–5 preferred) of the following instrumentation: 1 flute/piccolo, 1 oboe/english horn, bassoon/contrabassoon (up to 2), clarinet (up to 2), 1 bass clarinet, 1 saxophone, 1 horn
- are intended for collegiate-level performers and beyond
- Winning scores will be chosen based on the above guidelines with consideration for availability of performers and time constraints of rehearsal.
Successful applications will include:
- 250 word biography
- A short description of the work
- PDF of the score
- MIDI/MP3 recording
Application and materials due December 31, 2022